Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Recipe Rant

Why are so many recipes written so poorly?

Last night I made eggplant Parmesan for the first time, and there were like a million steps and they were written in the most ridiculous order! At one point it even instructed me to separate the sauce from the tomatoes and set aside, but never gave me a follow-up instruction to do anything with said separated sauce. Is it because the recipe-maker has cooked this dish a million times and they forget to write down the things that are natural
as peeling an orange before you eat it? Rest assured, being as this was my first eggplant (I know, so exciting!) there was a quite a bit of "hmmming" and "uhmmmming" in making sense of the mess of instructions in this muddled recipe. I'm not picking on the recipe though, because this happens with so very many of them!

Needless to say, before I even started, the recipe underwent some modifications. And then some more. Rather than post the little-bit messy, kinda complex process and proceeding results - which were undeniably effing delicious - I'm presenting to you my recipe rant. One day you'll be thumbing through the pages of my cookbook - and I promise you it will make sense!! As for the eggplant parme - stay tuned for round II, when I streamline the process and show ya'll how to make some freaking delicious eggplant! With pix! Wanna come and try it for yourself? Just let me know and we'll set a date! My cooking->your mouth. You know we both want it.

No comments:

Post a Comment